In his latest screed, he expresses his "joy" (his word, not mine) at seeing GM get seized unconstitutionally by the federal government.
However, he doesn't think GM's bankruptcy and nationalization should result in a single job loss (at least among union employees). Instead, he thinks that the employees should get right back to work for their new employer. Not building cars with internal combustion engines, mind you, because those are evil. What then? Things like:
- Bullet trains between all of the major cities of the U.S.
- Massive light-rail systems for all large and medium-sized cities in the U.S.
- Energy efficient buses to serve every place not served by the above
- Hybrid and all-electric cars for (steadily declining) use during the transition away from existing vehicles
- Windmills and solar panels!
Moore has been pumping out this kind of bilge for a long time. As recently as last year I would comfort myself with the fact that nobody in power would give him the time of day.
Times are different now, much to America's harm. Not only are there many sympathetic people at the levers of power now, they've shown time and again that they recognize no real boundaries on their power.