C-Poll

The latest C-Poll is closed. You can read all about it here!

May 20, 2011

About the 2012 GOP field: Likes, Dislikes, and Ambivalents

The primaries are just under a year away, and already we’re wading hip-deep in GOP candidacy announcements.  Add to that those who are delaying their announcements for one reason or another, and it’s obvious that just about everyone who’s anyone wants a piece of the action.

This post marks the first in an occasional series regarding which declared, exploring or prospective candidates  come across favorably to me (Likes), which come across unfavorably (Dislikes), and which can’t manage to come across at all (Ambivalents). 

Ambivalents are people I’m somewhat familiar with, but there’s nothing yet that makes them stand out for me one way or the other.  As I learn more about them and their views, I’ll bump them up to the Likes or Dislikes.

So now, without further ado, and without much explanation, here they are, presented alphabetically in each category, and culled from a list found here.  Even though Huckabee and Trump declined to launch campaigns, I included them just to go on record with the fact that I don’t like them.

Likes

Michele Bachmann*
Herman Cain
Sarah Palin*

Dislikes

Newt Gingrich
Lindsey Graham*
Mike Huckabee
Ron Paul
Mitt Romney**
Donald Trump

Ambivalents

John Bolton*
Mitch Daniels*
Gary Johnson
Jon Huntsman*
Tim Pawlenty
Rick Santorum**

* Potential candidate
** Formed exploratory committee, but not yet declared

And now, a bonus category for those I know so little about, I can’t even summon the energy to be ambivalent about them.

Sub-Ambivalents

Fred Karger
Tom Miller
Vern Wuensche

No comments: