- Filibuster of judges is a sacred tradition.
- Mr. Bush's nominees are being treated no differently than other presidents' nominees.
- The Senate has a "co-equal" role with the president in judicial nominations.
- The current filibuster is about "free speech."
- The filibuster protects "the right of the minority" to veto nominees.
April 15, 2005
Countering the top five lies of the Dems on judicial filibusters
Wendy E. Long has useful responses to the following five common objections to the (hopefully) pending rules change on filibusters: