C-Poll

The latest C-Poll is closed. You can read all about it here!

January 22, 2005

OT: The storm appears to be passing

...the GoogleStorm, that is. This blog post from last July has several pictures of the president, and one of them has been coming up in a Google image search (although I'm not sure which search term is bringing it up). Although the picture itself was hosted on another site, the fact that my page displayed the picture was sufficient for the search. Any time somebody clicked on the thumbnail of the picture, the archive page containing the post recorded a hit (since Google displays the context of the image). I've been getting over a hundred hits per day on that archive page this week, presumably because of the inauguration.

But today, about four hours ago, the 'blizzard' abruptly stopped. That may have something to do with the fact that the July post is now loading a local copy of the photo in question -- a change I made about 2 hours before the hits stopped. Is Google so on the ball that they noticed a change in my page? Shrug. All I know is that maybe.... just maybe.... I can return to some well-deserved obscurity.


UPDATE: Well, that was wishful thinking. Sigh.

No comments: