C-Poll

The latest C-Poll is closed. You can read all about it here!

November 5, 2005

Michael Schiavo's inspiration

While composing my previous post on Michael Schiavo, something occurred to me:

Michael Schiavo apparently fancies himself to be the Cindy Sheehan of the euthanasia movement.

Sheehan parlayed the death of her son into a political sledgehammer to be used in any way possible against Republicans in general and President Bush in particular. Schiavo appears to be following the same gamebook.

Democrats have to step a little more gingerly with Schiavo than they do with Sheehan, but they're not too picky as long as they think they can damage their opponents by using him.

I'm still not comfortable with the previous sentence. It still boggles my mind that the Democrats think that Schiavo's endorsement will translate into votes from people who had not yet decided on a candidate. I guess I'm hopeless.

No comments: