From: email@example.comIn making several observations about this e-mail, I offer some free advice to the scamsters about how to improve their "product":
Subject: WINNING NOTIFICATION!!
QUARTZ PROMOTIONS WORLDWIDE.
INTERNATIONAL PROGRAM (NL)
333 COMMERCIAL STREET,
MANCHESTER NH 03105, UK
FROM: THE PROMOTION DIRECTOR
INTERNATIONAL PROMOTIONS DEPT.
RE:AWARD FINAL NOTIFICATION:,
We are pleased to inform you of the result of the Lottery Winners International programs held on the 19th of September, 2005. Your e-mail
address attached to ticket number 986047296748-8562 with serial Number 4681-546 drew lucky numbers 5-24-78-62-11-08 which consequently won in the
1st category, you have therefore been approved for a lump sum pay out of £500,000.00.00Pounds (Five Hundred Thousand Pounds).CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Due to mix up in some numbers and names, we ask that you keep your winning information confidential until you file for your claim. This is part of our security protocol to avoid double claiming and unwarranted
abuse of this program by some participants.
All participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn from over 25,000 companies and 50,000,000 individual e-mail addresses and names from all over the World. This promotional program takes place every year.
This lottery program was organized by our group of philanthropist promoted and sponsored by Mr. Bill Gates of Microsoft Inc, eminent personalities like the sultan of Brunei, Multi Choice and other corporate
Organisations.This lottery program was organized to improving the use of computer softwares and for the benefit of every Microsoft user.
To file for your claim, please contact our fiducial Agent:
QUARTZ TRUST AGENCY.Foreign transfer manager.
FAX +44 700 593 8064
They are your agent, and responsible for the processing and transfer of your winnings fund to you.Remember, all winnings must be filed not
later than 8th of November,2005 or when authentic proof is given for the delay of filing. Please note in order to avoid unnecessary delays and complications, remember to quote your reference number and batch numbers in all correspondence.
Furthermore, should there be any change of address do inform our agent as soon as possible.Congratulations once more from our members of staff and thank you for being a Winner in our promotional program.
Note: Anybody under the age of 18 years is automatically disqualified.
Mrs. Victoria Green,
The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments may be legally privileged and confidential. If you are not an intended recipient,you are hereby notified that any dissemination,distribution or copying
of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and permanently delete the e-mail and any attachments immediately. You should not retain, copy or use this e-mail or any attachment for any purpose, nor disclose all or any part of the contents to any other person.
Opret en gratis TV2 mail på http://tv2mail.tv2.dk
- Given that you're supposed to represent a bunch of rich people and organizations, we can be forgiven for assuming you could afford to have someone on staff who is familiar with basic rules of punctuation, grammar, and paragraph formatting.
- If you're supposed to be in country X (England), don't send the message from an e-mail service in country Y (Denmark) and give a reply address for an e-mail service in country Z (Italy). At least the Nigerian-style scamsters could be forgiven for this—after all, they're on the run from corrupt authorities in their home country as they're trying to transfer SIX MILLION U.S.DOLLARS to some lucky e-mail recipient. But the rich folks you represent surely could have scraped up a bit of cash to buy a domain name. Hey, they even could have gone to GoDaddy and gotten both a domain name and e-mail for mere pocket change.
- I'm sorry, but the following is an immutable law: Any e-mail that invokes the name of Bill Gates as a means of establishing its legitimacy is automatically a hoax.
- Organizations dealing in the transfer of hundreds of thousands of pounds/dollars in funds will never, ever, ever send an official e-mail whose Subject line contains more than one exclamation point following a single word. You did it again in the message body, upping the ante by one exclamation point. Good grief—you might as well have followed it with "LOL".
- I've just violated your Confidentiality Notice. Neener, neener!
11/9 UPDATE: Scamorama lists this and dozens of other lottery scams floating around the 'net.