C-Poll

The latest C-Poll is closed. You can read all about it here!

August 19, 2005

Yet another reason to homeschool

CNSNews.com, August 19:
Nearly two out of every three high school students and more than one out of every four middle school students in America will be exposed to drug use when they return to class this fall, according to a study released Thursday by the Center for Addiction and Substance Abuse (CASA) at Columbia University.

"This summer and fall, 62 percent of high schoolers -- some 10.6 million -- and 28 percent of middle schoolers -- some 2.4 million -- will go to schools where drugs are used, kept or sold," said Joseph A. Califano, Jr., chairman and president of CASA.
My wife and I have yet to see a convincing reason to make us regret our decision to homeschool our son.

1 comment:

Brian Bonner said...

I bet! I think parents that choose to homeschool are extremely heroic, and excellent parents. If I had a child living with me I would definetely homeschool. I would do this for more reasons these; like the left wing brainwashing occuring in Public schools. This is just yet another reason to consider home schooling our children.

Thanks for the heads up on this story.