C-Poll

The latest C-Poll is closed. You can read all about it here!

May 9, 2011

Are we or are we not still in a housing recession? (Haiku News)

MSNBC reports May 9 on the ongoing collapse in home prices:

"Home value declines are currently equal to those we experienced during the darkest days of the housing recession. With accelerating declines during the first quarter, it is unreasonable to expect home values to return to stability by the end of 2011," [real estate data firm] Zillow chief economist Stan Humphries said in a statement.

To which I reply, using haiku*:

Why use the past tense
for the housing recession
if nothing has changed??

 

* Why haiku? Why not? Among other things, I am drawn to the (occasional) challenge of condensing my thoughts into just a few words when the topic allows.  Yes, others came up with the idea first, but I may still give it a try.  I’ll even insist on conforming to the 5-7-5 format that real haiku poets sneer at.  Okay, I confess – really all I’m doing is forcing my commentary into exactly 17 syllables!  Deal with it.

No comments: