C-Poll

The latest C-Poll is closed. You can read all about it here!

September 1, 2004

Studiously avoiding commentary on the convention

Let's see, now.  Four days since my last post.  Nothing about the Republican convention.
 
My goal on this blog is to focus not on the rough and tumble of day-to-day politics, but rather on the big ideas and philosophies (often unacknowledged) that drive the debates on the political, cultural and religious issues of the day.  I stray from that goal from time to time, but I feel really bad about it afterwards.
 
Although my schedule has been tight, I have been following the convention second-hand, reading opinion pieces and speech transcripts.  If I see something that pushes my buttons, I'll be all over it.  If you see something that you think I ought to get exercised over, feel free to leave a comment (or contact me privately).
 
Besides, I don't have anything approaching the raw energy and enthusiasm of the various tier-one bloggers, including Neal Boortz, Charles Johnson and uber-linker Glenn Reynolds.  Check them out for some good fine-grain analysis of the convention.

No comments: